CIJ Investigative Journalism Summer School
- Published: March 21, 2017.
Applications are now being accepted for CIJ Investigative Journalism Summer School, which takes place at the Centre for Investigative Journalism, Goldsmiths College, London, from 22nd to 24th June 2017.
The CIJ is again offering special rates to the CIRCOM members. They can offer 20% discounts on all tickets on all bookings confirmed by Tue 4th of April, and 15% discount on all bookings confirmed thereafter.
This year, the conference will be held earlier than usual, so please be aware that you will have to book before April 4th, to benefit from this special rate.
How to Fact-check 'Alternative Facts'
The CIJ Summer Conference is UK’s only investigative journalism training event with an emphasis on teaching investigative skills. This year we will focus on the skills needed to counteract the world of 'alternative facts' and plain lies: from fact checking, holding the strong and powerful to account to grassroots journalism projects with hands-on classes, case studies and talks.
- Anabel Hernández - is a Mexican journalist who has confronted head-on – at significant personal risk to her and her family – corruption and the narcotics trade in Mexico. She will deliver the inaugural Gavin MacFadyen Lecture.
- Peter Pomerantsev - is the author of Nothing is True and Everything is Possible: Adventures in Modern Russia. He contributes to the London Review of Books, Financial Times, NewYorker.com, Wall Street Journal, Foreign Policy, Daily Beast, Newsweek, and Atlantic Monthly.
- Others TBC
- Fact-checking techniques
- Counteracting propaganda
- Data journalism
- Data visualisations
- Financial journalism
- Access to information laws, including FoIA
- Covert filming
- Story-based inquiry method
And much more.
Bookings are open now. Early Bird discount available till Tue 4 of April 2017.
How to book:
All CIRCOM members have to register via the online form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1mxLyN5I3hBoMNnBIaJ4IBKPaKd59B5ciOzNmsFyqfFA/viewform?edit_requested=true
In the invoice section (when you reserve your place), please mention that you are a CIRCOM member and will be paying a special discounted price.
CIJ will then email you special payment instructions.
Please note there are no special discounts for individual days at the moment.
A full refund minus £30 admin fee is offered on all cancellations made in writing by Monday 22 of May 2017. No refunds are offered after that day. All tickets are transferable like for like or difference paid.
CIJ is a registered charity. We do not make profit on our events. All money raised is used to organise training and courses to benefit journalists and journalism.